When you are lazy but still feel you could do with a little treat after a meal, here is a really simple and easy to do recipe. You don't need many ingredients, so the good thing is you don't even need to go shopping! French people call it a "creme aux oeufs", a "cream with eggs", but that's basically more like a flan or a crême brulée.
Now, the traditional crème aux oeufs does not contain chestnut. It is really simple: eggs, milk and sugar, some people add vanilla pods. So we decided to give it a twist and try with chestnut. Chestnut cheek cream is sweet so it replaces sugar.
What you need for this recipe is:
- A pint of milk (a bit more than 50cl)
- 60g of chestnut cream - the classic one
- 3 eggs
🌰🌰 R E C I P E 🌰🌰🌰🌰
1) Pour the pint of milk in a pan and add 60 grams of chestnut cream. Bring to boil very slowly:
2) Mix 3 eggs in another pan
The only difficulty of the recipe is: don't get too distracted from the heating milk!
3) When the mix of chestnut cheeks cream and milk is boiling, add the mixture into the eggs and mix firmly (this is the tricky bit!)
4) Pour the mix into an oven dish and put in the oven. The best is to use the “bain-marie” technique in the oven for 40mn (150C)
The recipe is not sugary so you can add some chestnut cream on top, it will also be an easy trick to impress your guests :)