🌰🌰 R E C I P E 🌰🌰🌰🌰
For 6 people.
1) Pastry cream: mix together 1 egg, 10g maize starch & 15g of sugar. Had 12cl of hot milk (or soya milk for vegan option) and keep on mixing slowly. Transfer into the pan and bring to a boil for less than 1 minute while mixing. Transfer into a deep plate. Put in the fridge for 1 hour.
2) Almond cream: in a bowl mix with a spatula 60g of butter (or olive oil for vegan option) and 40g of sugar. Add 1 egg, a pinch of sea salt, an orange zest and mix. Add 70g almond powder and mix slowly.
3) Mix together the pastry cream and the almond cream. Add 200g of our chestnut cheeks spread “crème de marrons"- (The classic one) and mix slowly. Then transfer into a pastry bag and put in the fridge for 1 hour.
4) Set up your galette: Put a circle pastry puff in a baking tray covered with baking sheet. Draw a circle with diameter=23cm. Add the mixture of the pastry bag into the circle. It’s time to put the French “fève”! With a brush, wet the left pastry puff (=the outside circle with no pastry cream). Add another circle puff pastry besides the first one and join the edges. Using a brush, cover the galette with 1 beaten egg. Now you can draw anything with a knife to make your galette looks pretty! Put in the fridge for 30 to 40mn.
5) Put in the oven 180C for 10mn, then 160C for 30mn, and 220C for the another 5 mn. Eat it warm from the oven:)
Recipe by @undejeunerdesoleil